Aran Crafts Irish Soft Cable Knitted Crew Neck Sweater (100% Pure New Wool)
Can’t believe it has been over a year since our trip hiking in Ireland. We spent five of our eight days hiking on the west coast. Spending our first day and night in Galway where my wife picked up Aran wool sweaters for our kids. I had one of these sweaters for probably fifteen years. It served me well in cold NY falls and winters when working outside. Well the weather is turning, the nights are getting a chill. I regretted not getting myself a new one when in Ireland, so I’ve been shopping for an Irish crew neck sweater.
The iconic Aran sweater takes its name from the trio of islands at Ireland’s most westerly point. Just off the coast of County Galway. Knitted by the women of the islands Aran sweaters were protection for the islander fishermen and farmers from the harsh weather.
About ARAN CRAFTS
The company was originally established by Molly Cullen in 1957. After creating beautiful Aran designs with her mother and grandmother for many years. Molly is the granddaughter of Kate O’Shea, who, in 1856, was the first craftswoman in Ireland to commercially market her robust, hand knitted woollens. Molly Cullen recognized a market for fashionable Aran style knitwear and established West End Knitwear Ltd.
Proud to keep the tradition alive. Aran Crafts Ireland was continued by Molly’s sons Paul and John Cullen who saw the opportunity to incorporate the best traditional aspects of their mother’s Aran sweaters into modern and fashionable styles. These new styles we would come to recognize as the benchmark for modern Aran cable knit sweaters.
Aran Crafts Ireland is conscious of its roots in the past; however, the company has its eyes firmly focused on the future. From its situation in the west end of Europe. We take pride in being the first company to manufacture garments which were designed for those engaged in a rugged, outdoor life.
- 100% PURE NEW WOOL. Soft, Warm & Luxurious to feel. This wool is soft to the hand, and made of very fine fibers giving an extremely comfortable fit.
- SLEEK AND UNIQUE. This Irish Crew Neck Wool Sweater is the most famous design and style in Aran Knitting. Worn by both men and women.
- EMBRACE THE CULTURE. The use of Traditional Irish Stitches throughout our garments ensures we keep our long-treasured history of Irish craft alive.
- WEAR THE TRADITION. Reminiscent of days gone by, believed to bring luck, success, and health to the wearer.
- BEAUTIFUL & COMFORTABLE: With great design and comfort, this stylish authentic garment will keep you warm and fashionable all year round.
- LASTING QUALITY. Made from the highest quality Pure New Wool. This stylish garment is the perfect way to wear a piece of Ireland wherever you go.
How do I care for my new garment?
The golden rule is wash as seldom as possible and air frequently.
Hang your garment out in the air and you will be amazed at how fresh it becomes, “wind washing”. Never machine wash. They should be washed by hand using wool washing detergent and in cool water below 30 degrees Celsius. Always dry your jumper flat and never put in a tumble drier.
an additional layer
The weather is turning and while I enjoy the warmer months I’m definitely a “man of all seasons”. I’m looking forward to the cool fall nights and sitting around the fire pit out back. Feels great to get back into jeans, work boots, and my flannel shirt and take on the heavier chores out back. This FLANNEL LINED RUGGED SHIRT JACKET is sure to be a favorite this fall. The rugged cotton suede look comes with an unexpected softness. Warm, comfy, and sharp looking. Featuring side hand warmer pockets, antique brass Legendary snaps, Signature Buck appliqué, and triple needle stitching.