When you’re out on the trail a decent pair of shoes is important. Whether you choose sandals, trail runners, or a good pair of boots do your research and don’t skimp. Danner has been making great leather hiking boots for years and the DANNER men’s mountain hiking boot, the Mountain 600, is a more than exceptional boot. Built lighter, waterproof and given superior abrasion-resistant qualities in order to hold up to the rugged Pacific Northwest. This boot can handle almost anything. Designed to have minimal seams and lined with Danner Dry to ensure it could withstand the wettest conditions.
DANNER MEN’S MOUNTAIN HIKING BOOT – Explore Beyond the Familiar
Inspired by decades of legendary hiking boots, we partnered with Vibram to forge a new path in hiking footwear for men and women. The Mountain 600 defines a new category in hiking boots we call Performance Heritage — combining our classic styling with lightweight innovation. Explore beyond the familiar.
- Vibram Fuga outsole with Megagrip technology offers superior grip on wet and dry surfaces sole
- Danner Dry waterproof protection. Cushioning open-cell OrthoLite footbed.
- Vibram SPE midsole for maximum rebound, comfort and support. Nylon shank.
- TPU heel frame to enhance support and stability.
- Vibram Fuga outsole with Megagrip technology offers superior grip on wet and dry surfaces
At Danner, they are craftsmen. They pay attention to details. They forgo quantity for quality, with the knowledge that the boots they craft are no better than the hands that create them.
another great pair of boots
I went with the waterproof Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge II. A great looking shoe suitable for my day hikes and until I get some serious miles on them good for casual everyday wear. It really helped that these are available in a wide. Columbia came through with a super durable, light weight,comfortable, and stylish boot. My new favorite.