Piper Computer Kit: Award-Winning Build-A-Computer Age 8+ STEAM Learning, with Raspberry Pi, Google Blockly, StoryMode, Games, Python, and Amazing Projects!
Many studies show the benefits to hands on projects for a child”s education. We know kids engage and retain more when they learn through doing. A hands on approach helps them develop and hone vital critical thinking skills. The Piper BUILD-A-COMPUTER kit fits right into this model. An experience of creation and discovery, not simply a toy. Piper helps to build confidence all while opening new worlds for your child to explore.
The build a computer kit was designed to help kids utilize all of their senses with its do-it-yourself assembly. The Piper Computer Kit includes everything needed to build a fully functioning computer. When they’ve finished building their computer, they’ll learn circuitry by completing challenges in a minecraft-inspired story mode. Next they’ll learn the basics of coding and progress through increasingly challenging projects based on Google Blockly’s easy drag-and-drop visual programming language. Your kid will be taught how computers work and how to code in a fun, tangible way that builds confidence and prepares them for a lifetime of success with technology.
- BUILD A COMPUTER. Includes all the components needed to build a fully-functioning computer! A Raspberry Pi, 9″ screen, DIY speaker, and rechargeable battery. Teaching kids to be STEAM-capable; coding their own games, interactive projects and more!
- HANDS-ON STEAM PROJECTS. Building the computer is only the beginning! Using Piper’s StoryMode, kids are guided through a secret mission. Attaching wires and connecting electronic components to move around an immersive world and controlling the outcome.
- LEARN TO CODE. With a Piper Computer Kit, kids learn the basics of coding with 11 progressively challenging projects based on Google Blockly’s easy, drag-and-drop visual coding language. Using PiperCode, kids progress through tangible tasks that increase their level of confidence.
- CREATED FOR KIDS AGES 8+. Designed by educators to foster self-paced learning. Kids advance from foundational tasks through more challenging projects at their own pace. They can progress to pre-loaded Python programming language, deepening their engagement and competence.
- THE BUILD IS JUST THE BEGINNING. Piper Computer Kit features an integrated, build-it-yourself speaker and amplifier. The 9″ display features 1024 x 600 HDMI resolution, making for eye-popping graphics. The kit is engineered for multi-rebuilds, with a sturdy carrying case. Beyond the build, Piper Computer Kit launches kids into an expansive, adventurous world of learning disguised as fun. Your child will enjoy dozens of playable projects from Day One.
In the kit
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. 1GB RAM. 1.2 GHz Quad Core 64 bit CPU
- 9” LCD display with HDMI cable.
- 7800mAh rechargeable battery.
- Integrated speaker with amplifier and external volume control.
- 16GB MicroSD card including 20+ Piper 3D Story Mode levels, Piper Code projects, and more
- Software updating capabilities (requires WIFI connection)
- USB Mouse
- Micro USB charging cable and wall charger
- 20+ electronic components including breadboards, buttons, switches, LED lights, buzzers, and 25 jumper wires
- 8 square foot laminated blueprint with visuals for assembly
- 25+ laser-etched wooden and acrylic pieces
- 50+ hardware pieces
- Phillips-head screwdriver
TINKERING TOWARD THE FUTURE– Seeing the connection between logic and electronics — how one could be expressed in the other – was the secret. The University of Michigan, MIT, Bell Labs, and national defense organizations helped and benefited.