Garmin Edge 830, Performance GPS Cycling/Bike Computer with Mapping, Dynamic Performance Monitoring and Popularity Routing
The Edge 830 Garmin Performance Cycling Computer touchscreen offers dynamic performance monitoring and insights to help you improve your game. So take your training to the next level. More than just data collection you get dynamic performance insights that can help you consistently improve upon your best. Get in-ride notifications when it’s time to hydrate or eat. Whether you’re training with friends or simply commuting to work, the Edge 830 puts your safety first. Enjoy group messaging and tracking, so you are always in touch, even when you get separated from the pack. You’ll need a compatible smartphone. The Edge 830 also has incident detection, which automatically sends your location to emergency contacts if it detects an incident.
The Edge 830 comes preloaded with the Garmin Cycle Map. This includes turn-by-turn directions and navigation alerts. You can utilize the responsive touchscreen to create new rides and courses right on the Edge. The popularity routing feature can choose the roads and trails most traveled by fellow cyclists.
- Performance GPS cycling computer with mapping and touchscreen.
- Dynamic performance monitoring provides insights on your VO2 max, recovery, training load focus, heat and altitude acclimation, nutrition, hydration and more when paired with compatible sensors.
- Cycling safety features include bike alarm, group messaging and tracking, compatibility with Variant rearview radar and lights so you can see and be seen (when paired with your compatible smartphone)
- Includes routable Garmin Cycle Map with popularity routing – helps you ride like a local – plus on-device route creation and off-course recalculation; mountain biking model has integrated Trail forks data
- Customize with free apps, widgets and data fields from the Connect IQ Store. Sensor compatibility – ANT+, BLE
- MTB dynamics track jump count, jump distance, hang time, and Grit, a measure of the ride?s difficulty, and Flow, which tracks the smoothness of your descent so you have a score to beat next time
- Battery life: up to 20 hours with GPS; works with Garmin Charge power pack for up to 40 hours of additional battery life